Health and Safety Guidelines
The health and safety of our guests and employees continues to be our top priority during these challenging times. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the standards we have put in place to give you peace of mind during your visit with us.
The Plaza Hotel and Casino is closely monitoring government policy changes, Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, government mandates, and public health updates and will continue to make changes as necessary or appropriate to our protocols and procedures.
PLEASE BE INFORMED:
- COVID-19: people may be sick with a virus for 1 to 14 days before developing symptoms. Common symptoms are coughing, fever, tiredness, and difficulty breathing in severe cases.
- Prevention: The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is to protect yourself and others by washing your hands or using an alcohol-based rub frequently; covering your mouth with a tissue or arm when coughing or sneezing; and not touching your face.
- Bar walk-up services are currently closed. Cocktail Servers will make rounds to all active players for beverages. For additional beverage options, please visit Fresh Mexican Grill, Pop Up Pizza & Gift Shop
WE ASK ALL GUESTS TO PLEASE:
Stay home if you’re not feeling well or please contact Security immediately for assistance.
Security will be providing masks to all guests entering the property.
PLAZA HOTEL & CASINO GUEST CONSIDERATIONS:
- Approximately 50% of slot machines will be in operation and table game seating will be limited to ensure proper physical distancing according to Gaming Control Board requirements.
- Limited dining establishments will be available when we first open at 50% occupancy with physical distancing in place and aggressive disinfecting protocols will be in place.
- A Plaza Clean Team will be working 24 hours a day to ensure continuous disinfecting throughout our property including all public touchpoints, such as doors, tables, chairs, kiosks, room keys and gaming equipment.
- All Plaza Team Members who work in direct service areas will be wearing facemasks and where applicable, gloves as well.
- All Hotel Guests will receive a mask at check-in.
- Guests will enter the property through a limited number of doors that will operate automatically or be set to open manually.
- Other areas of the property, such as the Bingo room and rooftop pool and recreation deck will also be open to guests but with social distancing and enhanced cleaning protocols.
For our complete Health and Safety Guidelines, please click here.