Posted on October 13th, 2013
Meet Lou Magelwitz, our resident host at Bonkerz Comedy Club, where some of the best downtown Vegas shows can be found. Not only is he the host at Bonkerz, he opens for some of our clubs comedians, including Louie Anderson. Lou is also happens to be good friends with Louie, so we asked him, what are five things that nobody knows about Louie Anderson? Here is what he told us:
Lou Magelwitz and Louie Anderson
- Louie is a funny guy, but he is serious about getting healthy. He works out in his dressing room before every show.
- Louie is a friendly guy, but we figured that! He likes to hang out in the employee dining room and say hi to all the Plaza employees.
- Louie is a huge football fan. His favorite team? The Minnesota Vikings, he is from Minnesota after all.
- Louie gave up carbs because of his new healthy diet and lifestyle. What carb-filled food does he miss most? Toast with butter.
- Louie learned to swim only four years ago! Yet, he competed on the ABC show “Splash” this past January. Amazing!
Thank you, Lou, for letting us get to know Louie a little better. Make sure to catch Louie’s show right here in downtown Las Vegas.
Posted on September 14th, 2013
Here are 5 reasons to visit our downtown Las Vegas casino for a game of bingo.
- Only the Plaza has bingo in downtown Las Vegas! The Bingo room has electronic and paper Bingo and room offers six games daily at 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm and 9pm. So it is easy to fit in a game of Bingo!
- The Plaza Bingo room has the best pricing and the best payouts in town. Daily pay out games include $20,000 Super Bonanza, $10,000 Super Letter X, $10,000 Super Coverall, $5,000 Bonanza, and Super Coveralls. Plus there are specials and event prizes for every day of the week.
- Locals enjoy special pricing and discounts! Plus Royal Rewards members can even earn free slot play.
- Super Bingo! Super Bingo is a huge event at the Plaza! It was such a great success that Bingo at the Plaza will be having 5 events in 2014. The prizes will bigger and better an ever! Dates are as follows:
- January 17-19; April 13-15; July 20-22; October 10-12; December 12-14
Make sure to reserve your space because seats fill up fast! There is still one more Super Bingo Weekend in 2013! November 17th – 19th. Sign up by November 8th for early bird discounts.
So head to downtown for the best bingo in Las Vegas!
Posted on September 12th, 2013
When you walk into Oscar’s Steakhouse you know you are in for a very
special night. The bar has an old Hollywood class with modern
decorative charm. Monday through Friday from 4pm to 6pm is happy
hour at Oscar’s. Select drinks and appetizers are half price. So make
sure to come in a little early and have a cocktail in the swanky bar
Exceptionally Good Food
You will see when you enter the dining room; it seems designed so that
anywhere you sit you get a spectacular view of the beautiful light show on the
canopy over Fremont Street. It may seem like common sense to order steak
in a steak house and at Oscar’s this would be a great choice, it is the best
steakhouse in Las Vegas after all! Though, they do also have great pork
chops and seafood dishes that are equally as delectable. There is really
something for everyone at Oscar’s. The ‘made for scratch’ sides are served
family style and are fun to share with your dinner companions. A must try is
the Jose Leonardo’s Roasted Corn Brûlée. It is creamy and is the perfect
complement to every entree on the menu.
Perfectly Sweet Ending
Make sure you save room for dessert. A favorite among many is the
chocolate mousse. It is creamy, delicious and the perfect way to end your
meal. There are other great desserts at
Oscar’s like crème brûlée, cheese cake and chocolate cake with
caramel sauce. Oscar’s Steakhouse is not just about great food, it is
about an experience. Great food, great ambience, and great service.
Like Oscar says “My expectations aren’t that high for my place… just
the best food, the best service, the best ambiance and the best
broads.” Come in and eat at the best steakhouse in Downtown Las
Posted on August 20th, 2013
Posted on August 12th, 2013
Every town has their hidden gems – their “secret” local hangouts. You have to be on the inside in order to have the privilege of knowing about these trendy spots. Well, I’m here to give you a little insider information.
Just about everyone knows about the famous Fremont Street Experience, and you may even know about the Rock of Vegas Summer Concert Series and the new Slotzilla zipline (that is being constructed all the way down Fremont Street). But what you may not know is that when you venture off Fremont Street you will find a bevy of speakeasy bars, a plethora of amazing food choices, and more art galleries than one person could see in a day – each injecting a thrilling sense of adventure and mischief into the regular Vegas experience. For the uninitiated, exploring downtown can be like opening a treasure chest of entertainment.
Food is definitely plentiful in downtown Las Vegas and should not be overlooked. Key restaurants provide the best in American and foreign food, from the infamous burger joint Heart Attack Grill, to the gourmet, specialized food of eat. and even the wide selection at Le Thai. It certainly is easy to work up an appetite in this city so indulge yourself and try out one of these greats.
The Laundry Room is hidden behind secret doors and has no markings. The unsuspecting might walk right by without any knowledge of the excitement held inside. This modern speakeasy bar operates under anonymity and specializes in classic cocktails. One of its unique features is the chance to simply name your preferred type of alcohol and have the bartender create something special for you. If you can find this hidden gem, make sure you make a reservation. Not on the list? No entrance! The Lady Silvia also falls under the category of the modern speakeasy, but come on in! No reservation required!
There is no shortage of exciting activities when you step away from the downtown Las Vegas casinos, and engaging in downtown has never been more fun, so stop by and see what you’re missing!