Posted on January 23rd, 2014
When creating Royal Rewards we really considered what our current, new and seasoned players would want in a player’s club. Just about every casino in Las Vegas has some sort of player’s club so we made sure Royal Rewards would stand out in the sea of all the others. Here is just some of what makes Plaza’s player’s club so special.
New Member Bonuses
We wanted new members to feel the advantage of joining Royal Rewards right away so we added some special offers to get you off to a great start.
- $100 rebate on your first 24 hours of play. So sign up and start playing! If you play at least $100 we will give it back to you as a credit to play more the next two days ($50 rebate the next two days).
- All new players’ card members get a free entry in our $1,000 Royal Reels Daily Slot Tournament! There are ten winners each and every day.
All Member Perks
We did not want anyone to miss out on anything! So, we have perks that anyone, and we do mean anyone, can take advantage of just for being a member!
- Got a players club card from another casino? Whether you are completely new to the Plaza Royal Rewards program or not, you can match your tiers to any player’s club card you currently have.
- Anyone that has begun to earn points on their Royal Rewards card will receive special discounts, and other offers through email, and mailers.
- Fastest tier advancement of all the Las Vegas downtown casinos! Yep! That’s right, each tier has a lower limit of points that you need to earn to advance to a higher tier. So before you know it, you’ll be an Ace.
- Your Royal Rewards card is not only good at the Plaza but, at the Las Vegas Club. So stay in the Plaza casino or stroll out on Fremont Street and still reap the rewards.
Higher Tiers get the Royal Treatment
The more you play, the more you earn. We really like to reward our top Royal Reward tiers for their loyalty.
- Deeper cash discounts comes with higher tiers. Use you points to earn comps at the hotel and several of our in house eateries and if you pay cash enjoy discounts based on your Royal Rewards tier.
- Not only do you receive free parking in our self-parking garage, on the third floor there are reserved spots for King and Ace player tiers near the elevators. (Shhhh! Don’t tell anyone but you can bypass the parking garage elevators all together on the third floor, by going straight through to the left of the elevators.)
- King and Ace Tiers also enjoy later check out times, free weekly slot tournament entries, invites to special events and more.
- The higher your tier, the more free slot play you can earn!
- Local King and Ace tiers have free access to our pool, and fitness room.
- Every year all of our Ace tier members receive a FREE cruise!
It is hard to mention every advantage there is to being a Royal Rewards member. There are just so many! Come on in to Plaza and sign up for free and see everything that Royal Rewards has to offer.
Posted on January 18th, 2014
If you are lucky enough to fly into Las Vegas at night, you’ll see the bright neon lights all over the city. We think Las Vegas is an amazing city and when you stay at the Plaza Hotel and Casino, you’ll get some of the best that this city has to offer for a very affordable price and don’t just take our word for it!
There are lots of choices in Sin City for places to lay your tired head after a night of eating, drinking and gaming, which is why we go out of our way to make the Plaza one of the most comfortable hotel rooms in Las Vegas. Our rooms were renovated less than two years ago. They may have a discounted price, but they do not have a discounted look! The rooms are the largest of all the downtown Las Vegas hotels. Our rooms have soft comfortable beds; the bathrooms have gorgeous raised sink vanities and fluffy absorbent towels. There are also small special touches like bottled water, wireless internet access, cable TV and more. You’ll agree with Goldilocks when she says, “This bed is just right,” when you sleep like a baby with us at the Plaza.
“I’ll bet on anything that moves.”- Oscar Goodman
Are you like Oscar Goodman, Las Vegas former mayor and owner of Oscar’s-Beef, Booze and Broads? We bet you are! The Plaza Casino has it all; table games, slots, poker, sports book, tournaments and more! While we have all types of ways to game, our casino is large and spacious. So you can enjoy the excitement of playing without constantly bumping into fellow players. Also, the Plaza has the only Bingo hall in downtown! Whether you enjoy the electronic cards or paper and daubers, the Plaza has you covered.
“I love Las Vegas. I like that Las Vegas has everything. Everything and anything you want to do, you can do in Las Vegas.”- Drew Carey
We agree with Drew. You can practically do anything in Las Vegas that you want! It does help to be staying in a prime location though. The Plaza is located at the top of the downtown Fremont Experience where just about anything you would want to do is within walking distance. Just steps away there is everything from restaurants, casinos, bars, shopping and beautiful Vegas show girls! Not only is the Plaza in a great location, we also have some of the best resturants in downtown located right on property. Try tender juicy steaks at Oscar’s, a dragon roll at Island Sushi and Grill Express, pizza at Pop Up Pizza or for a quick bite, check out our food court. We have food for every taste and budget!
“Man, I really like Vegas.”- Elvis Presley
Thank you Elvis, thank you very much! Las Vegas loves you right back! Isn’t it time to book your trip to the Plaza? We are looking forward to having you here!
Posted on November 12th, 2013
Want to get away from it all this holiday season? If visions of dashing through a mall with a broken-handled shopping bag don’t have you laughing all the way? Escaping to Vegas is a great way to do something special for yourself in the middle of all your obligations this holiday season.
Well, we don’t have to tell you that December is a beautiful time to visit Las Vegas. The weather is crisp and cool to keep you in that holiday spirit yet, no ice or snow to scrape and shovel. There are tons of games to play…okay so you need to be 21, but it is worth it! Plenty of delicious food, specialty drinks, and hilarious entertainment! In sin city there is something for everyone! Plus, need we mention the number of shopping malls in Vegas with one only a half a mile from the hotel? You can still get all of your shopping done! So, this year your free December stay is the Plaza’s gift to you! Here are the few simple steps to getting a free stay at the Plaza this December.
- Book by calling or online before November 30th 2013.
- Make your stay anytime between now and May 31st 2013.
- Mention code PARIVE when you book your stay.
- *An email address is required to receive an email with instructions on how to book your free stay in December.
- *Book an equal number of nights as your paid stay in December. Blackout dates do apply.
Posted on November 5th, 2013
Tasting a bit of Vegas has never been so thrilling
Many of our locals and tourists alike find the history and legacy of Vegas thrilling and part of the charm of Sin City. For those who may not be as familiar with the namesake of this iconic steakhouse in Downtown Las Vegas at the Plaza Hotel & Casino, let us indulge you.
Oscar Goodman served as the “Happiest Mayor in the Universe” for Las Vegas from 1999 to 2011. However it’s his former career that has audiences captivated. In his career as a defense attorney, he represented defendants accused of being some of the leading organized crime figures in Vegas. To get in touch with that side of Goodman just watch the 1995 movie Casino which portrayed a couple of his former clients and in which he has a cameo appearance.
Fast forward to present day and Goodman is now the namesake behind the Oscar’s Beef-Booze-Broads steakhouse. Be sure to checkout the photo montage of his careers as you saunter into the lounge and restaurant. Now sit back and enjoy the libations and just imagine what it must have been like and order like he would.
What Oscar Drinks
5 ounces Bombay Sapphire gin (& then more Bombay Sapphire gin)
A slice of jalapeno
Big, strong and the perfect drink…at least according to Oscar. (If you have an opportunity see Oscar out and about this is what you will likely find in his hand!)
4 ounces sparkling wine
1 ounces St. Germain liquor
½ ounces Vodka
This drink is tart, fizzy and just a little on the dry side. Perfect for toasting Oscar’s “forty years and still going strong”!
2 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. lime juice fresh
1/2 oz. simple syrup
Muddled (fresh) strawberries & blackberries
The result is a sweetness with a refreshing citric zing. This drink truly makes you feel like it is “a long time coming and now a huge success”.
Come on in for “Happiest Hour” from 4-6 pm Monday thru Friday in Oscar’s Lounge for half priced drinks and select appetizers. At the bar or over dinner in the iconic glass dome, the bartenders will mix up one of these iconic spirits or your own favorite. When you’re looking for a true Vegas experience, Oscar’s has both the goods and the history!
Posted on October 17th, 2013
The Plaza has many options when it comes to dining: Oscar’s Steakhouse, Island Sushi and Hawaiian Grill, Pop up Pizza, Hash House a Go Go and a food court with McDonalds, Subway, and Zabas Mexican Grill. If you are a vegetarian or vegan, there are plenty of delicious options. Here are a few suggestions to get you started when looking for vegetarian options at the Plaza.
Pop Up Pizza is the best of the downtown Las Vegas Pizza places. Pop Up Pizza offers a large variety of veggie pizzas and even vegan cheese upon request. They also have vegan donuts and ice cream! This is an easy and delicious choice for vegetarians.
Subway offers veggie subs, and salads and can be found in the Plaza food court. The Veggie Delight is a great healthy choice. Plus, Subway is open 24 hours which makes it easy to stick to your vegetarian diet while you enjoy your stay at the Plaza.
Oscar’s Steakhouse has an assortment of signature salads and sides that are hearty enough to be a meal. Try Jose Leonardo’s Roasted Corn Brulee, Shmuley’s Extraordinary Mac & Cheese or Au Gratin Potatoes. They are delectable vegetarian options.
Hash House a Go Go has plenty of vegetarian options to choose from as well. The Portobello Mushroom Burger is a guest favorite! All their entrees are made to order which makes it easy for you to change any dish to fit your dietary needs. Want another great recommendation? The Polenta with melted brie, fresh asparagus and sundried tomato pesto is a great vegetarian choice or, choose any meal and ask them to leave off the meat.
When you are in Las Vegas and choosing one of the many Vegas hotels, know that the Plaza Hotel and Casino has you covered for all of your vegetarian needs.