Posted on October 15th, 2013
Introducing ProPoker, the world’s leading automated poker tables. Having just reopened the poker room this September, the Plaza has the only all electronic poker room in Downtown Las Vegas . The games offered are Texas Hold ‘Em, Omaha Hi and Hi/Lo, 7-Card Stud Hi, Hi/Lo, and Razz. Games can also be No-Limit, Limit, Pot Limit, Spread Limit betting.
Great for beginners
Poker Room Manager David Cardenas explains that the electronic poker tables make it easy for a beginner to learn the game. If a player only has played a few games at home, but wants to make the transition to the casino floor, these electronic poker tables are a great way to make the that move.
The electronic tables are set up so that no mistakes can be made. The table keeps the games running smoothly for everyone. It keeps track of everyone and players must play only when it is their turn. This way the emphasis can be on fun! Games play much faster too. The electronic poker tables also offer the ability to do things that just cannot be done during a manual poker game. Players can track and look at their previous hands in a game. Also, because there is no dealer, no need to tip and the rake (casino’s cut of the pot) is smaller! Games and buy-ins are also lower than manual, dealer lead games.
Tournaments and Specials
The Plaza offers a unique poker experience that is not offered in other Las Vegas casinos. Players can reserve tables, and book parties in the Plaza poker room. Also, every morning at 10am are tournament games. The buy in is only $22! Specials are offered regularly so bring a group of friends and stop in and check out the Plaza poker room today.
Posted on October 13th, 2013
Meet Lou Magelwitz, our resident host at Bonkerz Comedy Club, where some of the best downtown Vegas shows can be found. Not only is he the host at Bonkerz, he opens for some of our clubs comedians, including Louie Anderson. Lou is also happens to be good friends with Louie, so we asked him, what are five things that nobody knows about Louie Anderson? Here is what he told us:
Lou Magelwitz and Louie Anderson
- Louie is a funny guy, but he is serious about getting healthy. He works out in his dressing room before every show.
- Louie is a friendly guy, but we figured that! He likes to hang out in the employee dining room and say hi to all the Plaza employees.
- Louie is a huge football fan. His favorite team? The Minnesota Vikings, he is from Minnesota after all.
- Louie gave up carbs because of his new healthy diet and lifestyle. What carb-filled food does he miss most? Toast with butter.
- Louie learned to swim only four years ago! Yet, he competed on the ABC show “Splash” this past January. Amazing!
Thank you, Lou, for letting us get to know Louie a little better. Make sure to catch Louie’s show right here in downtown Las Vegas.
Posted on September 14th, 2013
Here are 5 reasons to visit our downtown Las Vegas casino for a game of bingo.
- Only the Plaza has bingo in downtown Las Vegas! The Bingo room has electronic and paper Bingo and room offers six games daily at 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm and 9pm. So it is easy to fit in a game of Bingo!
- The Plaza Bingo room has the best pricing and the best payouts in town. Daily pay out games include $20,000 Super Bonanza, $10,000 Super Letter X, $10,000 Super Coverall, $5,000 Bonanza, and Super Coveralls. Plus there are specials and event prizes for every day of the week.
- Locals enjoy special pricing and discounts! Plus Royal Rewards members can even earn free slot play.
- Super Bingo! Super Bingo is a huge event at the Plaza! It was such a great success that Bingo at the Plaza will be having 5 events in 2014. The prizes will bigger and better an ever! Dates are as follows:
- January 17-19; April 13-15; July 20-22; October 10-12; December 12-14
Make sure to reserve your space because seats fill up fast! There is still one more Super Bingo Weekend in 2013! November 17th – 19th. Sign up by November 8th for early bird discounts.
So head to downtown for the best bingo in Las Vegas!
Posted on September 12th, 2013
When you walk into Oscar’s Steakhouse you know you are in for a very
special night. The bar has an old Hollywood class with modern
decorative charm. Monday through Friday from 4pm to 6pm is happy
hour at Oscar’s. Select drinks and appetizers are half price. So make
sure to come in a little early and have a cocktail in the swanky bar
Exceptionally Good Food
You will see when you enter the dining room; it seems designed so that
anywhere you sit you get a spectacular view of the beautiful light show on the
canopy over Fremont Street. It may seem like common sense to order steak
in a steak house and at Oscar’s this would be a great choice, it is the best
steakhouse in Las Vegas after all! Though, they do also have great pork
chops and seafood dishes that are equally as delectable. There is really
something for everyone at Oscar’s. The ‘made for scratch’ sides are served
family style and are fun to share with your dinner companions. A must try is
the Jose Leonardo’s Roasted Corn Brûlée. It is creamy and is the perfect
complement to every entree on the menu.
Perfectly Sweet Ending
Make sure you save room for dessert. A favorite among many is the
chocolate mousse. It is creamy, delicious and the perfect way to end your
meal. There are other great desserts at
Oscar’s like crème brûlée, cheese cake and chocolate cake with
caramel sauce. Oscar’s Steakhouse is not just about great food, it is
about an experience. Great food, great ambience, and great service.
Like Oscar says “My expectations aren’t that high for my place… just
the best food, the best service, the best ambiance and the best
broads.” Come in and eat at the best steakhouse in Downtown Las